Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Slowing down

Hope you're staying up with the 40 DAYS prayer journal and reading Bill Hybels' book on prayer. Chapter 11 in Hybels' book hit me pretty hard last night. Here of a few things I jotted down as I read:

I cannot live an authentically spiritual life on the run.
Busyness is the archenemy of spiritual authenticity.
Spiritual health takes time--not left-over time or throwaway time--but quality time.
Hearing God's voice only happens as I reduce the RPM's in my mind.
The best way to reduce RPM's is through journaling.

The question that I wrote at the top of my journal was: AM I FAR TOO BUSY FOR MY SPIRITUAL HEALTH?

40 Days of Prayer has got me back to journaling and writing out my prayers on a much more regular basis. My commitment to my spiritual health has gone up several notches. I'd love to hear from you--what has 40 Days of Prayer done for you?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger passionate said...

Thank you for doing this series. It has been very useful & very revealing. I thought I had a fairly good prayer life, but now I see that I'm still a novice & have been very imbalanced.

One gets the feeling that Mr. Hybles knows this subject extremely well through much experience. He's very humble & insightful, pointing out common pitfalls of which he's also fallen prey.

I'm beginning to understand that though prayer is a spiritual exercise, it can also be approached in a practical manner. I really never viewed prayer as expecting results by applying certain methods. I also appreciate his strong emphasis on being 'real' with God!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home