Monday, December 18, 2006

I wish you a "Mary" Christmas

As a pastor I get a bunch of Christmas cards. Quite honestly, though, I've only kept 1 card in my life. It was a "home-made job" that my daughter Jessica gave me 15 years ago. It read on the front: Marry Christmas.

The typo has reminded me throughout the years that a Mary Christmas beats a Merry Christmas any day. The Bible records that there was a lot of commotion after the birth of Jesus. Angelic choirs were singing. Shepherds were sprinting around the community at break-neck speed telling everyone what had happened. But then there was Mary. She "quietly treasured these things in her heart and thought about them often" (Luke 2:19).

That's my prayer for all of us this week. That we have some unplugged/quiet/treasuring times where we reflect on our King's arrival and the impact it's had on our lives. To put it in Jessica's terms, I wish you a MARY CHRISTMAS.

3 Comments:

Blogger passionate said...

And a Mary Christmas to you & yours too, our dear Pastor!

Thank you sooo much for emptying yourself in order to impart all the good stuff to us throughout the year!

2:48 PM  
Blogger passionate said...

ps- thanks too for being such a good sport on this blog! it's been fun & educational.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Chris Meirose said...

I think I'll be with the in laws (no, not the outlaws!) for Christmas, so I might miss out on all the fun at Crossroads. A bit disappointing, but it is the season for family. If I can, I'm hoping to catch the Sanctuary service at midnight if we make it home early enough from out other obligations. You (and the church) will be in my prayers.

Big Chris

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home