Saturday, April 07, 2007

Life without Christ

I was trying to imagine what my life would be like today if I hadn't surrendered my life to Christ back in the mid 70's. Obviously, I wouldn't be a pastor!! Since my goal in my BC (before Christ) days was to be filthy rich, I'm guessing that's what I'd be right now. I'd be using my business degree to make some serious dough. My guess (I know myself pretty well) is I'd be a workaholic, self-centered business guy climbing the corporate ladder...not content until I get to the very top. I'm not sure what my addiction of choice would be, but I know I'd have at least one.

I have nothing against making money or being in business, but I'm so glad God got my attention. On this day before Easter I marvel at God's ability to change a person. I am grateful that God saved me from myself, and gave me a bigger purpose to live for. The verse that has struck me recently comes from Philippians 3:8 "Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ and become one with him."

Happy Easter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home