Thursday, August 31, 2006

BWCA

Just got back from a boundary waters canoe trip. Amazing. For a type-A, performance-driven freak, this yearly trip is mandatory for my spiritual life. The beauty is unmatched. I know
God is omnipresent (everywhere), but He really comes out of hiding up at the BWCA. You should see the night sky! Awesome is the only word that comes to my mind. Astronomers estimate the number of stars in the universe at about 70 sextillion (that's 70 with 21 zeroes after it). I think we saw just about all of them from our camp site.

God showed up in a big way for us. Actually, the truth of the matter is I showed up. I took time to stop and look and listen. God is as present in "the Grove" as He is in the BWCA. My prayer for all of us is that we'd look for Him every day. He's closer than we think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home