Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The "Ideal Crossroads"

In my previous post I made a comment that though we've made great strides, we have a long way to go as a church. No one would argue that Crossroads has "arrived". There aren't any perfect churches (and as the joke goes if you find one don't join it...you'll ruin it). One of you asked, "What would the ideal Crossroads look like?"

Great question! It's such a great question I promise to answer it. But first, I'd like to give you a chance to post your thoughts. Dream a little. What would your ideal church be like. Be funny or be serious...

1 Comments:

Blogger passionate said...

Sorry if I seem to belabor this, but I don't quit get the concept of 'church' in general.

1) Why shouldn't the older attendants be concerned with what they're being taught? (Matt 24:45,46 & Jn 21:15-17)

2) Who's supposed to be doing the evangelism?
E.g., am I still a valued member of the 'church' & doing service if I invest in relationships & ministries outside the 'church', in hopes to lead others to Christ, though they may never step foot in CR?

Though it's often said that 'the church is the believers & not the building', I don't think that it's really understood or properly emphasized.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home