Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Feed Me! Feed Me!"

In my last post I talked about the famine in the church. We have starving sheep crying out to their shepherds/pastors, "Feed me, feed me!"

I've heard the cry at Crossroads and I promise to do my very best to make sure the meal that I've prepared for you (under the direction of the Holy Spirit) is nutritious. But, regardless of what is prepared and dished out on the weekend, we all need more than ONE good meal to be healthy. Sheep (myself included) need to fed daily. We must learn to be self-feeders--people who take God's Word and read it reflectively and meditatively. As Wayne Cordeiro writes, "Are you going to choose to feed yourself, rather than waiting to be spoon-fed once a week?

The problem with most of us is we're lazy. It's a lot easier to blame someone else than to accept the responsibility to get into the Word ourselves. That takes discipline. And time.

Speaking of time, I have to sign off. It's time for my self-feeding.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Meirose said...

Spiritual Infancy = Getting Fed
Spiritual Adolescence = Feeding Yourself
Spiritual Maturity = Feeding Others

Even those who are "mature" spend time in the first two categories, but it is a good framework to start a conversation.

Big Chris

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jim W said...

How much does Hybel's "confession" have to do with this understanding?

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home